Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wonderful!

I had a wonderful Holiday weekend. It started in Ellensburg with my cousin and her husband. I never get to see my cousin-in-law. He works in Alaska for a fishing tour company that his family runs. We had a fun night of catching up and joking around. Then he left for Alaska at 6 in the morning. My cousin and I dropped her kid off at the babysitters and went to the Rodeo. It was awesome because the company she works for is a main sponsor so we got to be VIP's. Free food and drinks. I really enjoyed the show but most of all the Buffalo show. Those animals are gigantic. Then we went out for Mexican food to sober up and then we picked up the little one. Went back home and watched movies. The next morning, I watched the almost-four year old for a couple hours while she picked her Fantasy Football draft. She's a little bit crazy when it comes to football. I left at noon and drove three hours home. Every year on the Sunday before Labor Day, our neighborhood has a block party. So I walked down the street and enjoyed the neighbors and the food. I came home drank a couple glasses of wine made cookies and went to bed. The next day I was in a mild post vacation slump when my friends called and invited me out on the boat. Which was exactly what I needed. Had a great boat trip and steak dinner. I got into my bed to watch a little TV and promptly fell asleep at 9:30. Insane! I don't think I have ever fallen asleep that early. Woke up at eight and got ready for work. All in all, it was the best weekend I have had this whole summer. I'm sad that the fall is coming but at least I had a little fun this summer. It was a much different feeling this year. It feels like everyone is growing up. I have never wanted to grow up. I might have a little bit of "Peter Pan syndrome." I just never really saw what was so great about growing up. Responsibility, bleh. I guess I'll eventually get there. Whether I like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment