Monday, August 15, 2011

The Boys of the Game of Baseball


I love baseball. For a girl, I’m a huge fan. When I was little, my dad used to let me stay up late to watch the end of the games. I eventually learned the game and my dad and his only child got to bond. Now I usually watch for the hot athletic guys. And the game of course, mostly the guys though. Since the Seattle Mariners never come through in a tight squeeze, I don’t usually root for my home team. Unless they are doing well, then it is my duty. Last year I was rooting for the Giants. I really like their pitching. Particularly, Tim Lincecum and Brian Wilson. Both very hot men, not to mention great pitchers. Lincecum is from Western Washington and has girly hair. He is tall and lanky but for some reason I find him adorable. Brian Wilson is a closer and can usually be identified by his famous beard. But behind that beard is an incredible personality. One of his famous quotes is in an interview after he got fined for his orange cleats when asked about it he said he had "too much awesome on his feet." That is just one on the funniest quote from this blue-eyed athlete. Baseball is just about the only sport I can watch regularly on TV. I like football but it just isn’t the same. I love rooting for the underdog and I hate the Yankees. The Yankees to me feel like the cool jock kids in High School who always got everything they ever wanted. But I do love Derek Jeter. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for him to hit his 3000th hit. He just seems like a nice guy. A-Rod on the other had just seems sleazy. When he left Seattle for Texas he should have just come out and said it was for the money. It was obviously for the money but he just kept denying it. There’s so much more I could cover. I could talk about baseball all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment