Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm almost positive I'm psychic

Earlier today I wrote about feeling wrong. I was thinking I was going through a quarterlife crisis. Well my cousin just called me in tears, her dog was hit by a car and was killed. I considered this dog to be part mine. He was old, 11, and deaf and smelly. But when I was in high school I used to leave everyday at lunch to let him outside for ten minutes while she was at work. My cousin traveled a lot and I always took care of him. When she moved hours away and I would come to visit, he would alwaysbe the first to greet me. He would always sit by me whenever I was near. He never forgot me. And I will miss him so much. I understand the feelings from earlier today. A couple years ago my cat ran away while I was on vacation. The whole time I was gone I had a horrible feeling. I never called to check in, which is very unlike me. I knew. When I was eighteen, I was driving home from work one night and it was extremely foggy. I will never forget the ominous feeling I had on that drive home. When I did finally arrive home, my mother told me one of my cousins had died at the age of 23. That was the first time I knew before I found out. I don't really care for this superpower.

No comments:

Post a Comment