Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I LOVE TV!!! but it might be ruining my life...

I'm pretty sure I have some sort of OCD or other obsessive personality gene because I tend to obsess. For example, I like things neat and tidy. Except for my own house or, in particular, my car. My car is filthy. It's the one place I let get filthy. I also obsess about going to the doctor. I never go. I hate the doctor which is pretty funny because my doctor is a close friend. I housesit for her all the time. I just don't want to find out what is really wrong with me. I have self diagnosed myself with a number of disorders and diseases that I most likely do not have. I don't really have much of a personal life so I watch TV. Lately, my new obsession is In Plain Sight. I always saw commercials for it and knew I would love it. But I was already obsessed with too many TV shows and didn't want to put any more on my plate. Then netflix changed my life. I can take a lazy day and turn it into an obsession marathon. I've watched 24 episodes in the last five days. And I have a job. So really I've just let it affect my sleep because I stay up way too late. I think my main problem with this is that I am a hopeless romantic and always root for any type of law enforcement partners to end up together in the end. I want Mary and Marshall together so bad. I have this problem with all sort of TV shows, Bones, CSI, Psych, the Mentalist, really the only exception would be Law and Order: SVU because that would ruin the dynamic of Elliot and Olivia. I think it might be ruining my life because of the aforementioned fantasy world. I just expect some good looking man to come sweep me off my feet. I want the passion of these characters and I'm afraid it might not exist in real life. I haven't really seen it in the real world. Except for my parents. They are my only glittering piece of hope. They have their problems but they truly love each other with passion. I'll just sit here and wait for my own version of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment